• D&H/CP 7312 Decals

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

Does anyone make the correct decals for the D&H 7312 which is now a CPR heritage locomotive? I'm asking because i'm considering making the current fleet of 3 GP38-2's into all D&H linearage. I already have 7309 in D&H paint, and 7311 needs a white frame stripe. And i'd make 3069 into 7309 as is now. The models are all HO.

by ANDY117

I sent Microscale my shots of the Fireman's side. Does anyone know where the decals are on the Engineers side? And what other units have the decal on the Air Filter box?

by Otto Vondrak

How are CP's Heritage Unit D&H engines different from the D&H paint scheme that was originally applied to the GP38's??

-otto-

by ANDY117

Well, on the 7312 on the Step guard on the left side of the cab, the name B. C. O'Brien is stenciled on it. Not sure where it is on the right. On the frame above the 2nd axle on the front there is a small Beaver shield logo, with the words CPR Heritage Lcomotive. And on7312 and 7309 there is a decal on the Air Filter box that says "KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME" surrounding a small black beaver shield logo.

by Otto Vondrak

So there's no real discernable difference. I know exactly what additional decals you're talking about-- Sounds like you can use a stock D&H decal set, and you can possibly add the CP Rail decals yourself with your inkjet printer and some blank decal paper. The only one that's really noticeable is that "Keep Your Head in The Game" decal... the others, you can barely see.