• Custom decorated club cars in HO?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Our club is exploring custom-decorated cars for our club in HO scale. Can anyone reccomend some manufacturers? So far we have "the usual" suspects like Accurail, LBF, Bowser, and some others. Can anyone list any others? Experiences they would like to share?

We are looking to produce 50' modern boxcars in orange, with black graphics. The number of cars we produce depends on the cost proposals. I think we are looking to see each car for $15-$20 per.

-otto-

by Steve Wagner

Branchline Trains (part of Hobby Stores Distributing) in East Hartford, CT has done a lot of custom decorating of several firms' cars, including Accurail's. I don't know whether they can get Athearn or MDC kits to decorate any more, and I haven't been involved myself in any of these projects. The website is www.branchline-trains.com

by VCRail

Eastern Maine MRRC has had quite a few of their recent issues produced by Athearn.

by Otto Vondrak

Does Eastern Maine manufacture cars for other clubs, or just themselves?

Thanks for the lead on Branchline Trains.

-otto-

by VCRail

Otto,

EMMRC only produces cars for themselves. It's their main(e) source of fund-raising and they've brought in enough over the years to pay for the construction of the building that houses their layout. Check out their website: http://emmrc.freeyellow.com/.

I just received their latest car which is an Orange MEC boxcar with four color graphics; they did an earlier SLA boxcar that was orange with black lettering. They might give you a heads up for your club.