• CSX traffic on Thanksgiving

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by superwarp1

Will be at my brother inlaws for dinner and within site of the Old B&A(CSX) line in Westfield, Ma.

I was wondering if there will be any traffic Thursday. I know there will be a Amtrak train or two but what about freight?

I'll have my scanner so I'll be ready to jump out of the house and those boring conversations with family and long lost uncles :P

by mainetrain

store shelves must be stocked, keep the camera handy

by gprimr1

I dont think the Vermonter runs on Thanksgiving. The station timetable said "will not run 11/24."

by superwarp1

I wouldn't see the Vermonter anyway, heads South in Springfield. I would catch trains heading East or West from Chicago/Boston.

by Ron Newman

but 11/24 isn't Thanksgiving. 11/24 is Friday.

by Scooter

gprimr1 wrote:I dont think the Vermonter runs on Thanksgiving. The station timetable said "will not run 11/24."
The timetable says it will not run on 11/23 as Train 55/56. It will run on 11/23 as Train 54/57 (with the same timetable north of NYC).
Scooter

by CSX Conductor

CSXT observes Friday as a holiday (we get the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday in exchange for not getting Veterans Day). You're pretty much out of luck. Usually all the road trains are tied down wherever they are Wednesday night into Thursday and crews are dead-headed home. Late Thursday night crews are called to get things moving again. :wink:

by superwarp1

Thanks guys,

Looks like rain anyway, so I won't miss out.