• csx sd70ace

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Conrail4evr

The NS employees I've spoken with don't seem to like their SD70M-2s either.

by CSX Conductor

CEO Chatter: Who cares what the locomotives are like?!? We're never on them. As long as they're not too costly they won't hamper our lifestyles. :(
  by n01jd1

jordan1210 wrote:i was wondering will csx purchase any more sd70aces beacuse i heard that they only have 20
I seriously doubt it. I have heard CSX hates the 20 they have and are considering sending them back as they are leased from EMD and not owned by the railroad. I fully expect all future CSX locomotive purchases to be from GE.

by uhaul

Since the SD70ACes appear to be trashy all around converting them into B units wouldn’t accomplish much. Oh, well I thought it was a possibility.

by conrail_engineer

uhaul wrote:Since the SD70ACes appear to be trashy all around converting them into B units wouldn’t accomplish much. Oh, well I thought it was a possibility.
No reason, no reason at all, to do it.

The cab is there; removing it in conversion costs. Simply using the units as "trailing units only" costs much less.

Sad we have to talk about this about equipment this new.