• CSX's New Years Operations

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lakeshoredave

Is CSX shutting down for New Year's like NS? I don't remember them shutting down the past 2-3 years.

by roadster

locals and most yard jobs (but not all) are off, but road traffic should be near normal with some exceptions such as non priority containers, and trains departing from Ports. A "limited" schedule as CSX says.

by mu26aeh

"Oh, its a holiday. I bet CSX is shutting down for the day."

You guys crack me up.

by CSX Conductor

To add to Roadster's comment, there are also some locations where locals will be working either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day to help catch up from the storm we had a few weeks ago. :wink:

by railman616

Shutdown sure!!! I am going west this afternoon Q427 and will probably get stuck that the hotel tonight or I might luck out and deadhead on arrival but I still will miss the New Years Eve party. Any Railfans going to be out there watching tonight?? No. Happy New Year everyone!!!!
Railman

by CSX Engineer 98

railman616 wrote:Shutdown sure!!! I am going west this afternoon Q427 and will probably get stuck that the hotel tonight or I might luck out and deadhead on arrival but I still will miss the New Years Eve party. Any Railfans going to be out there watching tonight?? No. Happy New Year everyone!!!!
Railman
You just figuring this out now....... :P

by CSX Conductor

He's just bitter because he's the second most junior engineer, lol. I get to have tonight off with the paid holiday, then get the holiday and penalty for working the holiday tomorrow, on top of whatever we get for hours (probably 12). Railman, sorry, I know that was a mean blow. :wink:

BTW, That's why I didn't bump onto that turn because it involved the holidays. :(

by railman616

Listen CSX Conducor the low blow was being told that I would be deadheaded on arrival then told on arrival to waiting for q117 crew for 3 hours when "Hurry Up" would not wait an hour for us. Then having the chief say WW has no drivers and having to go to the hotel with the q117 crew at 4:00am. We got called at 6:30am for a 9:00am deadhead that didn't arrive until 10:30am and it had a Selkirk crew going east. So we had 7 people with the driver in a 6 passenage van. Got back at 3:00pm. So much for the quick trip and the shutdown for the New Year. A Jersey crew had it the same but they slept in the GYO and took Amtrak back.
Happy Frigger New Year!!!

by CSX Conductor

Sorry to hear buddy. Hope you know I was only kidding. The way my conductor is, I've been thinking about going on the main. Fortunately he's getting bumped over the weekend. :-D

by CSX Engineer 98

railman616 wrote:Listen CSX Conducor the low blow was being told that I would be deadheaded on arrival then told on arrival to waiting for q117 crew for 3 hours when "Hurry Up" would not wait an hour for us. Then having the chief say WW has no drivers and having to go to the hotel with the q117 crew at 4:00am. We got called at 6:30am for a 9:00am deadhead that didn't arrive until 10:30am and it had a Selkirk crew going east. So we had 7 people with the driver in a 6 passenage van. Got back at 3:00pm. So much for the quick trip and the shutdown for the New Year. A Jersey crew had it the same but they slept in the GYO and took Amtrak back.
Happy Frigger New Year!!!
So quit.... :P

I figure if I wait a few more years to come back "If im feeling better" i'll own just about any local or yard job as a Engineer I want in my area.... guess what your in my area.... :wink:

I spent about 60 days total on the beacon Engineer board just to catch the yard jobs and locals....played it right and hardly ever went west. but I really liked that Q283 and outlaw it at palmer everytime...LOL

by rocketman

I spent about 60 days total on the beacon Engineer board just to catch the yard jobs and locals....played it right and hardly ever went west. but I really liked that Q283 and outlaw it at palmer everytime...LOL
With that Q283 you could be an honorary Jersey puke!

by CSX Conductor

CSX Engineer 98 wrote:but I really liked that Q283 and outlaw it at palmer everytime...LOL
It's even easier to out-law them now with east Brookfield, especially if you take loads out there from Framingham when things are plugged-up, which is pretty often. I know I made money with you on a few Q283's, especially when ya snapped a knuckle @ Percy's, 95 deep out of 100, oops. :(

by CSX Engineer 98

CSX Conductor wrote:
CSX Engineer 98 wrote:but I really liked that Q283 and outlaw it at palmer everytime...LOL
It's even easier to out-law them now with east Brookfield, especially if you take loads out there from Framingham when things are plugged-up, which is pretty often. I know I made money with you on a few Q283's, especially when ya snapped a knuckle @ Percy's, 95 deep out of 100, oops. :(
I had a headache from you talking so much had to get you out of the Cab...hahahahahahaha

i'll be back

by CSX Engineer 98

csxchris wrote:
With that Q283 you could be an honorary Jersey puke!
well I wouldn't want to be a Jersey or Selkirk puke...

as you guys have more excusses then some Train Master been through employees and officials to work their way up.... :P

by CSX Conductor

CSX Engineer 98 wrote:
csxchris wrote:[With that Q283 you could be an honorary Jersey puke!
well I wouldn't want to be a Jersey or Selkirk puke...
I believe he's out of Boston. Although identity hasn't been confirmed for sure.