• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Jbeale73

scaz23 wrote:hired out of evansville go to redi april 2nd

theres 3 of us out of evensville. so we'll see ya out here. oh and our signals are gonna be the seaboard signals
  by scaz23

ill see you all out there and thanks i was wondering what they was what hotel r u guys at
  by jamesfreddie

does anyone know when the nest conductor class is starting? i got a ready to hire email app 3 weeks ago and i still havent hear about a school date. hiring outta Nashville

edit: got the call today i start the 20
  by bigsarge803

I have a question for you. during your class at the REDI did they send anyone home for not passing the indications? we are in week five and several of my classmates either has used all nine tries or just havent passed the indications part of the signsals test yet? do you know if they do a case by case or they would just be sent home? or would they get another opportunity to take it once they make it back to their work location?

Thanks
  by pswag115

If they dont pass they will be sent home. They may be given more than 9 tries, but they must pass, or be terminated.
  by supernova1972

Unless it's changed since I've been there, 9 tries was it. You got no more attempts. You must pass or you don't graduate and your employement is terminated. If your friends used up all 9 they will probably be sent home soon.
  by eville1982

Finally got the call yesterday! im out of evansville and will be heading to REDI Apr. 2nd
  by 9axle

The guy who failed his final attempt in my class took the final test in the office, and was sent home immediately. Someone came down and got his stuff, they called a cab for him back to the hotel and he was gone. I thought the tenth try was the one in the office, but I could be wrong, it may have been his ninth.
  by dixiehearted

bigsarge803 wrote:I have a question for you. during your class at the REDI did they send anyone home for not passing the indications? we are in week five and several of my classmates either has used all nine tries or just havent passed the indications part of the signsals test yet? do you know if they do a case by case or they would just be sent home? or would they get another opportunity to take it once they make it back to their work location?

Thanks
There was some guys took the test more than 9 times while i was there im not sure the details on it but im 100% sure it was more than 9 tries.
  by supernova1972

They have recently changed it then. It is made very clear you get 9 attempts Tuesday through Thursday, and can take one more the last Friday IF you still had attempts available. IF you failed your 9th you were gone.
  by Jbeale73

scaz23 wrote:ill see you all out there and thanks i was wondering what they was what hotel r u guys at

Our whole class is at the homestead. Ya it's older and no pool. But it's next to a few places
  by Jbeale73

Heads up for y'all wanting to study signals. I'm at the Redi center week 1. We were just informed that new rules and changes for the signals are out and will be in affect April 1st. There's wording changes and few other things they said
  by doc18

Hey Guys and Gals,
Just looking for a little bit of feedback. I went ready to hire 2 weeks ago and i am wandering how long it typically takes to get a start date for the REDI center. I cruised through the hiring processas far as how long everything else took. I completed my physical, drug screen, ability test and background check all within about 2 weeks so this has been a little different having to wait and not hearing anything back. Is that normal? What is the worst case possibility time wise that i would have to wait? I am asking because my entire extended family has a vacation planned and i dont want to commit to it if i will likely not be able to go. The job is more important that the vacation but if i can i will go.
  by yamaharider529

Well I have been ready to hire since February 3rd and they told me I'm not planning on going to Redi until November. But also depends on how bad they need conductors in your area.
  by COEN77

doc18 wrote:Hey Guys and Gals,
Just looking for a little bit of feedback. I went ready to hire 2 weeks ago and i am wandering how long it typically takes to get a start date for the REDI center. I cruised through the hiring processas far as how long everything else took. I completed my physical, drug screen, ability test and background check all within about 2 weeks so this has been a little different having to wait and not hearing anything back. Is that normal? What is the worst case possibility time wise that i would have to wait? I am asking because my entire extended family has a vacation planned and i dont want to commit to it if i will likely not be able to go. The job is more important that the vacation but if i can i will go.
They'll give you around a two week notice. Time enough to set up travel plans ect....Waiting is the normal procedure there aren't any time frames to go by it could be tommorrow or 6 months down the road. The best advice is plan on the vacation with a "what if" stipulation that if CSX calls. That's really the only advice.