• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Smittytimes

"Dang it man!" "Haul freight!"
  by trainman82

yes sir!!!
  by dixiehearted

Got the call at 4:45 today heading to Redi January 30th conductor out of Ravenna, Ky. Been ready to hire since November 15th for anyone wondering about waiting time.
  by mama..tried

Congrats everyone, hope to see and meet all of you there! I'm ready to get to work..

Jay
  by efleezy

Got my call on Friday, heading to the REDI for the classes starting January 30th. Freight Conductor out of New Castle, PA.
  by zac987

I got my call Friday i'll be at the REDI center Jan. 30 i got hired out of Birmingham, AL.
  by bigsarge803

Hello has anybody been cleared for hire and awaiting a redi start date for the florence division? Does anyone knows how does the class schedule works? I.E. do they wait till they get enough trainees per division to send everyone all at once? Or is it as they get available slots? any information would be appreciated?

Thanks
Big Sarge!
  by tothemoon

Heading to the REDI center for a Jan 30th start. I am driving out of Charleston, SC if anyone wants to catch a ride. I was told to expect an email with what to bring and where to be but I havent seen that yet. It looks like a bucnh of us for the 30th, I look forward to pushing through these next 6 weeks with ya'll.
  by Jbrklyn76

Im a New hire out of New Orleans for freight conductor. Do you get your own room, and if do are your weekends off? Also After you graduate do you report directly back to were from for on the job training or is there a period of time in between? What are the different shifts for class. Ill be classing up sometime in March waiting for my start dates!
  by x60pilot

Jbrklyn, you do get your own room. You will be off most weekends. Though Id focus more on studying on weekends than
"enjoying" them. When I was there conductors where on 2nd and 3rd shifts. Now it seems they have a first shift too. I didnt have to report until the Tuesday after I finished, most people started that Monday though. Good luck.
  by dixiehearted

Just got my REDI email for the 30th Ill be staying at the ESD Atlanta-Perimeter. Also Ill be on first shift for conductor classes. See yall there.
  by tothemoon

tothemoon wrote:Heading to the REDI center for a Jan 30th start. I am driving out of Charleston, SC if anyone wants to catch a ride. I was told to expect an email with what to bring and where to be but I havent seen that yet. It looks like a bucnh of us for the 30th, I look forward to pushing through these next 6 weeks with ya'll.

Disregard the offer to catch a ride. I recieved my email today with instructions for getting started. There is a blurb in there where as "Carpooling is discouraged". Looks like we are on our own.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone else starting for freight conductor position out of Charleston, SC?
  by trainman82

i am in the middle of week two right now at redi for conductor training. i agree with x60pilot, do study, after the first two days, you have a quiz or test every single day. we are on first shift, but i asked today and our instructor told us that weeks three and four our class of 16 will get split up between 2nd and 3rd shift and then return to second for the final two weeks. if your not driving, good luck, because at our hotel, there isn't a walmart or grocery store close by, it's a walk to either. i am glad i drove, i actually made money on that deal! you can car pool, but if the person who didn't drive gets kicked out for whatever reason, or doesn't maintain an 85 average at the mid term, they would be on their own to get back home, redi won't pay for them to get home, as only the driver of the car gets the round trip money, and don't try to lie, they check if anyone carpools and try's to claim mileage. you will get fired on the spot if they find out!
  by trainman82

done with week two! can't wait to get outside and do some hands on stuff the next two weeks!!!
  by tbaz

Hey im just waiting on my start date been ready to hire since the 17th of this month. How long does it take to get paid while your down there? I would just like to know how much money im gonna use while im there for meals and such.