• CSX cited for lack of cleanliness in Framingham

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by CSX Conductor

The company is racking up fines of about $300/day for not removing trash and debris from near the Framingham commuter rail station.

Click here for more. :wink:

by jonnhrr

Let's see - beer and liquor bottles -- not likely something generated from railroad operations. Aren't there laws about public drinking and littering? Perhaps the self righteous town government could try enforcing their own laws and try to cut down on the littering in the first place. But it's much easier to blame the RR's and have them do their dirty work. RR tracks are everyone's favorite dumping ground.

Just my $.02

by AmtrakFan

Geese wouldn't the city have better things to do? CSX I don't think should be fined.

by Robert Paniagua

Well, if it was on Railroad property, I'd blame it on CSX to clean it up, especially that they go beyond Framingham, and could be responsible for the rubbish along the ROW stretching quite a few miles out.

by CSX Conductor

As posted in an earlier post, alot of the trash is from homeless people in the area as well as passengers who are to lazy to use the trash receptacles while waiting on the platform.
  by frrc

The Town of Framingham has always had a dislike of railroads, even when I was living back there 30 years ago. The Town doesn't understand that it was the railroads that built the town.

J

by ACLfan

My 2 cents worth:

The City of Framingham is simply NOT DOING ITS JOB!!!!

The City should be doing its job of enforcing its anti-littering and vagrancy laws! What a bunch of losers!

Extremely lax enforcement of their laws is contributing to litter accumulation problems on landowners' properties within the City. What a shame!

The City appears to be so misguided and confused that they are blaming the M and CSX for the trash! CSX or the M didn't put the trash there, so the City shouldn't be blaming or fining them. Instead, the City should be going after the perpetrators! [Oh yeah, I forgot for a moment that we are talking about that silly City that can't figure things out! Duh, whatta we do?]

If anything, the City's leaders should be going to jail for failing to comply with their own laws! By their failure to enforce their own anti-littering laws, they are allowing a public nuisance (and violations of their laws) to persist and even get worse by their "keystone kops" joke of incompetant anti-litter enforcement against the individuals that are commiting the crimes!

If the City could get its act together long enough to actively patrol and enforce their own anti-litter laws, they wouldn't have anything to complain about, or to blame others than the offenders for!

AND, the poor, silly old City of Framingham would no longer be the national laughing-stock example of bureaucratic incompetance, bungling and rediculous finger-pointing!

The City of Framingham's political leaders had better pray and hope that either of the two cases never reach a court higher than the City, or they will REALLY look totally stupid and incompetant! I imagine that CSX would love to get that case in a District or State Court! What a show!

ACLfan