• CSX 7378 in Lowell?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Warhammer

While photographing for the Fire Department I found CSX 7378 sitting before the crossing at Meadowcroft st. Seems a little out of place, any comments?

Pajc

by NYNE

I have seen a variety of CSX units up in Lowell from time to time. I assume they come up of run-throughs.

by octr202

CSXT has had run through autorack trains to Ayer a while...Q294 I believe. Also, usually one freight a day via Worcester (can't recall the symbol) up to GRS, but I thought I read that this is now operating via GRS all the way from NY.

by Warhammer

Thank you
  by wolfmom69

That same CSX unit was at Rigby Yard in S. Portland,Maine this Tuesday. CSX units will "run through" at times,usually in 2-3 unit consits. This unit was between 2 Guilford GP-40's. Bud

by Warhammer

Yeah, that makes sense. MEC 350 and 517 connected up with it and pulled it outbound toward Nashua in the afternoon. Thanks again everyone for the info

Pajc

by CSX Conductor

octr202 wrote:CSXT has had run through autorack trains to Ayer a while...Q294 I believe. Also, usually one freight a day via Worcester (can't recall the symbol) up to GRS, but I thought I read that this is now operating via GRS all the way from NY.
Q294 used to run from West Springfield to Ayer, but was abolished several months ago. Now Q274 runs from Cleveland to Ayer via Selkirk & Worcester. The westbound's symbol is Q293.

Q426/Q427 are the manifest freights that are interchanged with Guilford @ Barber & or Burncoat Street. The Guilford symbols for these are POSE (Portland to Selkirk) & SEPO (Selkirk to Portland). :wink:

When you see CSXT power beyond Ayar it is just a Guilford train with run-through power.