• CSA Amboy Sec. Location questions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Diamond_D

I just heard South Jersey give SA-31 with CSX 4441 a Form D to head west from CQ to Cliff, I was wondering where those two RR locations are? Thanks!
  by nick11a

Diamond_D wrote:I just heard South Jersey give SA-31 with CSX 4441 a Form D to head west from CQ to Cliff, I was wondering where those two RR locations are? Thanks!
Well, the only one I know of is Cliff Interlocking in Newark, but I doubt that be the one in question.

by Diamond_D

yeah I was confused too, but I'm positive of the locations, since he repeated everything twice and even said he was on the Brown's repeater. I may have misunderstood the train ID though. Might have been MI-61 (which I'd never heard of before) as I just heard him get an addition to a Form D from South Jersey, to operate from "Glac" ? to CP Woodbury.

by Jtgshu

CQ is the location of the end of NJT owned and controlled track and teh beginning of CR controlled track. It is located west of the switches where the Church Running and Essay Running tracks meet up.

by wolfboy8171981

Block Stations on the Amboy Sec are
CQ-MP 0.2 ( Connects to NJT Church and Essay Running tracks)
DEEP- MP 1.4 (directly under the GSP)
CLIFF- MP5 (Yard Limits)
OB- MP 7.2 (Yard Limits)
JG- MP 13.8
MIDWAY- MP 20 ( Connects to AMTR NEC )

by Diamond_D

wolfboy8171981 wrote:Block Stations on the Amboy Sec are
CQ-MP 0.2 ( Connects to NJT Church and Essay Running tracks)
DEEP- MP 1.4 (directly under the GSP)
CLIFF- MP5 (Yard Limits)
OB- MP 7.2 (Yard Limits)
JG- MP 13.8
MIDWAY- MP 20 ( Connects to AMTR NEC )
thanks!!

by chuchubob

Diamond_D wrote:yeah I was confused too, but I'm positive of the locations, since he repeated everything twice and even said he was on the Brown's repeater. I may have misunderstood the train ID though. Might have been MI-61 (which I'd never heard of before) as I just heard him get an addition to a Form D from South Jersey, to operate from "Glac" ? to CP Woodbury.
MI-61 is a Camden to Millville train that goes through Woodbury and Glassboro on the former West Jersey & Seashore (PRR).

by CR80MAC

Is Cliff where it goes from single to like triple track on the east end of Browns by where the hot dog guy sits and just to the east of that industrial crossing? And is OB where it goes from single to double on the west end? Thanks.

Mike
http://cr80mac.rrpicturearchives.net