Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by thedarkliberator

The Croton Harmon Open House takes place on: Saturday, October 16, 2004, 10 AM to 3 PM. If a couple of guys want to meet up in GCT before the open house at the information booth at 8:35 AM to catch the 8:53 headed up to Croton, that would be cool. Anyone interested? It usually is a great chance to enjoy freebies, great shots, new information, and lets not forget... a barbeque!
http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_results.cfm

by NIMBYkiller

Can't go, I've got the PSAT.
  by thedarkliberator

Are you sure its the 16th, on my school calendar it said PSATs are taken on the 13th

by NIMBYkiller

Definately on the 16th here. I don't know why, but it is. Doesn't make sense to me.

by KidRailfan

Can't be the 13th. The 16th is the saturday, and it's always on the weekend. The deadline for signing up may be the 13th for your school, as it is also that date here.

by emfinite

I took my PSAT and SAT (twice) on Saturdays... It makes perfect sense. You can't take it weekdays because you have school to attend and chances are you leave early in the morning. Saturday scheduling is made to not interfere with school.

I will be there.
Last edited by emfinite on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by DutchRailnut

The open house is only one day. not two.

by thedarkliberator

Dutch we're talking about PSAT dates NOT the Croton Harmon OH. Thanks for looking out for us morons tho =]

by Metalrailz

Hopefully I'll get to the open house this year, The past couple years my plans to attend have gotten derailed(no pun intended). I am going to drive in from NJ, where do they alLow parking for the OH? I'll probably take a cruise over to show my wife where Sing Sing Prison is located.

by emfinite

You park in the station parking lot and then hop on a school bus over to the shops. There's plenty of parking, I wouldn't worry on not getting a spot.

by SeldenJrFireman

I'll be there. I will have my slowpokes shirt on. see you guys there!

by emfinite

I will have my Burlington Northern SD70MAC shirt on.

by Metalrailz

I have a black shirt on with the phrase "XTREME PYRO" on the front. A reference to pyrotechics, something I am going to licensed in soon.

by M1 9147

I'll have my LIRR jacket with my cap too. See you guys tomorrow

by JoeLIRR

Was a grat event, had a great time, hope to have it or somthing like in next year,

(maby thoes of you on the LIRR can try to talk to your manny supers to have this done in hillside/morris pk)
Gareneeed not to happen, but please put out the word.