• Court rules UP pays accident victim $11 million

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Malibu

Thanks for those details b&m.

I think it’s safe to say that everyone here understands the need for the train to stop. It’s the people that don't care about the train that have no understanding of how they work and what they need to do. To someone who doesn't understand what b&m just explained this could be seen as the train just being a nuisance and that leads to stupid lawsuits like this one.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that the girl was injured. But she should be thankful that she's still alive. Not many people live to sue the train that hit them. Not only that but it seems that had her boyfriend not tried to push her over the tracks she would be fine right now. It just takes a little bit of common sense to get out of the car. Unless the train sped up when it saw her then there’s no reason to sue. People will look for any excuse to sue someone though.

Malibu