• Copley station

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Ron Newman

Why is one of the outbound entrances boaded up and blocked off? This is on the east side of Dartmouth Street.

by CSX Conductor

Could they be repairing the stairway? Anything on the MBTA web-site?

by efin98

probably no need for it and keeps passengers funneled out of one exit to minimize snow removal costs for the contractor.

by Ron Newman

The entrance had doors - there was no snow to remove.
What contractor?

by efin98

Ron Newman wrote:The entrance had doors - there was no snow to remove.
What contractor?
It's still winter so snow is still a factor. And the T contracts station services like snow removal and cleaning to a contractor... I don't know which one holds the contract now but there is a contractor.

by CSX Conductor

Ron Newman wrote:The entrance had doors - there was no snow to remove.
What contractor?
on, you said the entrance on the east side of Dartmouth, which would be the one by the old 7-11. That never had doors before. Did they put doors up during the past year or so? I remember there being only a roll-up grated type door for when the station was closed.

by JoeSixpack

I had seen a week ago, that the brickwork there looked like it had been hit by a vehicle of some sort. There was caution tape, and the railing was bent as well.
  by Ron Newman

I "wrote to the top" and got this reply:

Subject: Re: Copley Station outbound entrance
Date: March 15, 2005 6:46:06 AM EST

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your correspondence. The Dartmouth Street entrance sustained damage when a taxi cab lead the police on a chase and crashed into the entrance. We are scheduled to remodel Copley Station and are weighing our options of waiting until the remodeling begins or repairing the entrance now. This decision will be weighed on the amount of damage the entrance sustained.

Best regards

William McClellan
Supervisor
Green Line Transportation
  by GP40MC 1116

Ron Newman wrote:I "wrote to the top" and got this reply:
Ron:

WHere exaclty on the website can you "Write to the top"... Is it a fast reply?

Thanks
  by iandavid

GP40MC 1116 wrote:WHere exaclty on the website can you "Write to the top"... Is it a fast reply?
http://www.mbta.com/contact_us/write.asp

A police chase with a taxicab, eh? Sounds like something you'd see on SpikeTV.

I'm a little disappointed to hear that they may wait until they renovate the station, but I can't really blame them.

I can't wait to finally see some improvements made to Copley, and I'm sure there are thousands of commuters who are right there with me.

by sjd0356

The exit was open this morning around 1130am part of it was closed off but you could walk up the stairs

by Ron Newman

It appeared to be fully open and in use this afternoon.

by efin98

was it the weather that caused the delay in the fixing of the problem there? the last week has been pretty clear and consistan weatherwise and favorable for construction...