• Conway Scenic Railroad Discussion (CSRX) - 2011

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by BR4

Yes, they did. But if you had bothered to look, you would have found they were stuffed with inserts containing
the 2011 schedule.
  by #7470

I for one would love to see what Conway Scenic comes out with for a model of 7470. Personally, I don't think the USRA proto 200 would be a good match but whatever it is it is
  by daylight4449

#7470 wrote:I for one would love to see what Conway Scenic comes out with for a model of 7470. Personally, I don't think the USRA proto 200 would be a good match but whatever it is it is
basically it would act as a starting point and could be redone to look like 7470.
  by Cosmo

SilverLakeRailroad wrote:Ok, here's the scoop. NERFS and the Bartlett Round House Preservation Club will be teaming teaming up for a trip along the entire line (Notchland South) on Saturday june 11th! The plan is to go to conway, redstone, and notchland, using the Millie RDC. We will hold a bunch of Photo-Runby's. The trip is scheduled to take Six hours total, departing N Conway at 10: 30 AM, I am also thinking about running a quick SLRR trip up that portion of the Conway Branch line at 9:30 That Morning. If that is the Case, CSRR would pick the SLRR riders up at Conway Yard at 11AM, and shuttle us back at the end of the day!

Tickets will be available on the Conway Scenic's website next week!

Free "Will Scopa" coloring books will be passed out to all riders on the "Willie", and CSRR will supply the crayons left over from their Thomas Event! :-0 Please pardon my hideous punctuation and Spelling!

-Will Scopa
SLRR Volunteer
NERFS Site Owner
Hey Will,
RIGHT ON!Now THAT'S putting your $$ where your mouth is. :wink:
It's GREAT to see you guys teaming up together on this. I hope I can make it up there, but if I can't (due to "riversickness" or ""fireman's elbow") I hope it all goes well.
  by Stag Hound

Cosmo,

Based on your comment above I am guessing you have been hired by the VRR?
  by Cosmo

Stag Hound wrote:Cosmo,

Based on your comment above I am guessing you have been hired by the VRR?
CORRECTAMUNDO!
But that's a topic for another forum. :wink:
  by eman577

Another site reports tha this thread has been shut down by Otto, but it seems to be working. Where does thias guy get
his info?
  by Otto Vondrak

eman577 wrote:Another site reports tha this thread has been shut down by Otto, but it seems to be working. Where does thias guy get
his info?
On top of that, someone should tell this fellow that Otto doesn't even own the site anymore, let alone "shut down" threads. I wonder if he knows that? ;-)

Guess we ran out of stuff to talk about, huh? :o) I'm flattered by all the attention... really... To know that I'm so darned important in some people's eyes...
  by Cosmo

Unlike the "other site," we don't INVENT news here just to have something to post.
So yes, it's a slow news month. Go fig.
  by b&m 1566

Can someone give some more insight into this photo?
I was unaware the Conway Scenic ever had a Maine Central baggage car at one time. Judging by the looks the 4266 is pulling two soon to be refurbished passenger cars. What happened to the Maine Central car?
  by #7470

I believe it was painted red shortly after that picture was taken and then it was sent off a few years back with another open air passenger car to a tourist railroad, I forget the railroad though. I could be wrong but thats my guess
  by bml1149

Gentlemen,
That car is an ex MEC RPO car and as far as I know CSRR still has it. The car we have is an ex D&H combine car that was painted red.
Leverett Fernald
Downeast Scenic Railroad
  by CSRR573

That car is next to the roundhouse, out by the turntable