• Conrail Employment Records

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by writer9

I am looking for some really specific info for an article I'm writing. I need to find the total rail employment by conrail from 1992 to 1999 divided up by job categories. I think this would be public information but I have no idea where to find it.

Any help or ideas would be really great.
Thanks

by Otto Vondrak

Check Conrail annual reports... available in the libraries of most larger cities. The annual report should list total employment for that year...

-otto-

by writer9

Otto Vondrak wrote:Check Conrail annual reports... available in the libraries of most larger cities. The annual report should list total employment for that year...

-otto-

Thanks otto,

I found some annual reports but they don't seem to break the employment down by number of people in each craft. I talked to the FRA and the DOT and they don't have anything either.

I'll keep looking, but it looks less and less hopeful.