• Competition from overseas LPG on LI?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by rb

I just learned that the super-secret Northville ship terminal (supposedly a docking platform a mile north of Northville) has the capacity to import LPG to LI. (You can read about it at http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422 ... 65.155.htm)

How much competition does this pose for the NYA?

And does anyone know more about the Northville site? I saw it from a plane on Monday and have been trying to dig up info ever since. I guess it's connected to the distribution facility in Holtsville.

by rb

many views, no responses...

by mainline

Quite honestly no one knows about these proposals because there are not public. I was at a super secret meeting about ------ and the proposal was mentioned. The info i received was sketchy and we assumed it was about Broadwater energy proposal. There also a proposal regarding Long Beach and LPG. Saw it on the news the other night. I have not been at the Riverhead Northville Terminal since the early 1990's. Fuel Oil only. It was my first experience with number 6 Oil. easy to cleanup since its tar . I'm not up on FTC regulations but maybe they would be able to use the existing pipeline for transmission of the LPG. If this is possible just imagine the amount of LPG tankers to service the LIPA Plants and Northville terminals Setauket and Riverhead. I hope this helps. It would not afffect the NYA unless Paraco chooses to pickup the gas at Northville Not sure if Pulver Gas is still getting cars

by jayrmli

Unless they run a pipeline, it may be pricey for Paraco to run trucks back and forth to Northville. Then again, in some winters past, they trucked in more than they brought in by railcar, so the jury is still out.

There's lots of Paraco railcars on order, so for now, it's rail.

Jay