• Company Railroad Photographers

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

by WNYRailfan

Does CSX, NS, BNSF, etc. still have what the consider professional rail photographers?

Has anyone ever met a rail photographer?
I know some of you are Rochesterians and I believe Ed Nowak still lives there. I could be mistaken.

I recently met Bob Lorenz...a resident of Fremont, OH, who has some famous pictures on the (western) end of the NYC, NKP, and PRR.

I wish I had a rail photographer pass. From what I've seen...those guys got access to all of the land that their employer owned. They could hike up a hill and take a snap shot. They could hang out in a tower to get an arial view. They could hang out of the domeliners and snap pics. Those were the days.

by SimTrains

Anyone catch that article in last months Trains? It was about a photographer who worked for Lima. They had an entire photography department. These days I would assume that when railroads need pictures taken they hire professionals. No need to keep any kind of photographer on staff I guess.

by nessman

FWIW, the transit agency I work for outsources all of that stuff.