• Commuter Rail Survey by Keolis / MBTA

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by dbperry

On Thursday June 18, Keolis starting distributing customer feedback surveys. They say they will be distributed on certain trains through Tuesday June 23. They seem to be distributed in at least two ways:

1) A 6 page fold-out paper survey, which I have scanned and posted here.

2) A postcard with an invitation to visit http://www.MBTACommuterRailSurvey.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The postcard I was given had an "Identification Code" of "ozV5" as in OH-(not number zero)-ZULU-VICTOR-FIVE

They don't seem to be sending out the link in e-mails, text messages, or via Twitter, even when asked. But when I asked at the South Station information desk, they found a paper copy and gave it to me - so they are not restricting it to train-board distribution only, apparently.

I filled out the paper copy and am going to turn it in at the information desk.

(The MBTA looks like a very happy place, judging by the cover...)

Dave
  by BostonUrbEx

I entered a random identification code and gained access to the survey. I followed the formatting of your code. Letter, Letter, Letter, Number.
  by chrisf

BostonUrbEx wrote:I entered a random identification code and gained access to the survey. I followed the formatting of your code. Letter, Letter, Letter, Number.
It's not actually necessary to enter any code. The survey will complete without it.
  by cpf354

So what will they actually do with the results? I can guarantee that they will get responses they don't want to hear. As for clarity of announcements, the announcing of stops en route is inconsistent from train to train. I have been on trains where ther have literally been no announcements whatsoever. And too often on one particular peak hour train there has only been two conductors, requiring passengers to disembark from either the front or the rear and increasing the dwell time at each stop. These are glaring and easily addressed issues that competent management should be able to resolve without a glossy survey that looks more like an advertisement (every model is grinning from ear to ear). :-D