• Commuter Rail Coaches out of service

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ST214

Thanks CSX. Someone needs to get interior pics!!!

BTW, is it just me or has the maintence dropped off since the contract change???

by CSX Conductor

I have been hearing alot lately that MBCR is in some financial troubles.

by bierhere

The cars shortages continued:

6:06 AM Worcester - short 1 car ( only 140 seats short )
7AM Worcester 2 cars short ( 300 + seats short ), Unable to take on passengers in West Natick and Natick

6:05 PM Worcester train 6 lower cars instead of 5 Double / 2 lower ( about 300+ seats short )

6:06 Readvlle Shuttle cancelled.

by Buzz

the count is sixty coaches out of service now.

by ST214

Should have stuck with Amtrak. I warned this would happen, and noone believed me.

by CSX Conductor

Actually saw a 3 car consist on the Attleboro line the other day. Saw a couple 4 car consists yesterday too.

by octr202

CSX Conductor wrote:Actually saw a 3 car consist on the Attleboro line the other day. Saw a couple 4 car consists yesterday too.
Wow...what time of day was that?? I could only imagine the mess that would make of rush hour...

by CSX Conductor

the 4 car set was in the evening............the 3 was on Sunday :wink:

by Buzz

therez 3 new double deck cars in the line of dead ones at bet. been there long time

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

can someone get a picture of the yard w/ all the coachs?

BTW train 811 (Bos-s. Attleboro) had 6 coach's, usuall trainset

by Stephen

The 900 series cars were on the valley track again this morning (with a GP40MC).
I think they simply move them to the far side of the BET when they are not in testing.
- Stephen

by Xplorer2000

This morning, I rode a 4-car consist from Lynn: GP-40MC 11xx, coaches 525,352,388, Cab Coach 1633. Normal length is 5-6 cars.

by CRail

900 Photo! Not Interior though

what does MBCR have to do with equipment problems? Did they remove maintnance $$?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i have seen the usuall 6 car consist for off peak hour trains, 811/818 today and yesterday