Railroad Forums 

• CNJ Wharton & Northern

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#109937  by NJ Vike

Well, while I await from the Army as to whether or not I will be allowed to explore where the CNJ passed through Picatinny Aresnal or not, the person that I spoke with has sent me the following information which I thought you might enjoy. Unfortunately, my scanner isn't working (Windows XP issue I believe) I can't share the pictures with you just yet. I promise to do so once I get this resolved.

This article appeared in the Picatinny Aresnal Barrage - A paper for the employees. and was published in February of 1942.

Exact article:

I typed this in just the way it appeared in the article. This is not meant to be an insult to the person who sent it in to the editor.

Pictanny's Toonerville Station

Deer Mister Mogully!

On account of ralerodes bein such a important part of the defences programs I no you will want to see the pitcher I tooken of the Picatinny stashun of the CRR of N.J.W. & N. and the G.N.W.

In case you are confuzed you get on the Central Railrode at a Wharton and Northern stashun and ride to God Noes Where wich is up in the woods beyond the Navy.

Of corst they ain't much doin' in the way of Pullmen tickits and the acomadash-uns on the tranes ain't nothin' to rite hoam about but is aint beyond the rellums of possability that wilst see a flock of caboozes hitched on to fetch the visitin' Inspecktors and the late rizers up to work.

The pitcher shows the Stashun Masster and his First Asst. Stashun Master, porter, telygrafer etc, which is one guy!

You will see the fix it up comfortable for use as a watering room in case somebody wnates to wate and fro the leanin' condishum of the bench on the sunny side of the bench on the sunny side of the bilding, somebody must doa lot of wateing.

Anyhow Peter, it is a well kep bilding even if they doant do much tickit sellin' and shows they are reddy for prespecktive bizness even if they get a hole raft of passengers all ot oncet.

Yours trooly,

Aloysius McManney

P.S. The stashun Masteris Mr. Meyers and his Asst. is Mr. Gallagher in case the sensus taker wants to no.