• CMSL False Advertising on freight servive?

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

by prsl7668

I noticed on their website that they said freight service is running from 3 locations. Haven't seen any reports of freight trains down there yet. Is the Woodbine location even done yet? Anyone know if this is true?

by PRSL1972

I agree. If you can't get the job done, step aside and let someone eles do it. Not to be negative, the longer CMSL waits to activates service ne will loose business.

by blockline4180

lv414 wrote:Read this post fast since anything negitive about the railroad gets deleted.
I love negativity though!! The more you are negative the more you are proven right with regards to marketing freight in this state...

by themallard

Ok instead of being negative, can anyone answer what 3 transload locations they are referring to?

http://capemayseashorelines.org/freight.html
With three transload terminal locations over 27 miles of railroad, the Seashore Lines stands ready to serve all industries seeking the competitive edge to sell their goods at the New Jersey shore.

by The Vicarage

As usual, you're wrong. Negative posts about CMSL don't get deleted...idiotic "commentary" and absurd conjecture get deleted. Since your posts about the CMSL usually fall under such classifications, I can understand your bitterness. It never ceases to amaze me that so-called "railfans" so callously and blatantly piss and moan about the thing they allege to hold dear to their hearts. With the little action that South Jersey gets, "foamers" in this region should be happy there are trains even running.

by PRSL1972

ask Vicarage

by BrianM

The Vicarage wrote:As usual, you're wrong. Negative posts about CMSL don't get deleted...idiotic "commentary" and absurd conjecture get deleted. Since your posts about the CMSL usually fall under such classifications, I can understand your bitterness. It never ceases to amaze me that so-called "railfans" so callously and blatantly piss and moan about the thing they allege to hold dear to their hearts. With the little action that South Jersey gets, "foamers" in this region should be happy there are trains even running.

I would not say South Jersey has little action. Between Shared Assets (with NS and CSX in and out over the bridge), SMS, W&W and the SRNJ there is some nice action. Granted, you are not getting any double stacks or auto racks but you can see some really nice trains.

And yes most if not all negative post on the CMSL do get deleted. And yes some are idiotic but not all.

As for freight on the CMSL, I do not believe that Woodbine is finished yet. Am I wrong? Woodbine is the only place that I know of. Is there another? Has WPCA-51 ran down that way with cars? Has there been any extra tied onto the rear of the Coal trains? Has anyone seen any cars down that way?

If there is a place that is up and running for the CMSL then add them to the list of action in South Jersey.

Brian

by JJMDiMunno

I don't intend to delete any negative comments from this thread, but I'd just like to remind everyone of what we're talking about here, before we start battling each other in a public forum about some stuff...

I'm trying to get information from the Seashore Lines as I type here...I'll relay whatever I can get ASAP.

Mike DiMunno

by BaltOhio

This is off-topic and doubtless unwelcome, but in regularly reading the PRSL board I'm struck with so much discussion of the CMSL. I take no position on what seems to be several emotional issues, but question why the CMSL is a relevant topic in this space. PRSL is a fallen flag, and I'd expect the discussion to consist mostly of history-related topics. CMSL is a currently operating railroad, when it operates. Given this and the interest in it, I'm wondering why it can't have it's own board in the Short Lines group.

by chuchubob

I suspect that some feel that CMSL is relevant to the PRSL topic because it operates two former PRSL Budd Cars on former PRSL track.

http://www.transitspot.com/gallery2/v/u ... _30_55.jpg

I agree that the interests of those interested in PRSL and not CMSL would be better served if there were two separate topics. However, since I'm interested in both, the present situation doesn't bother me.

Bob

by PRSL1972

Can a forum index be put into place for New Jersey short lines?

by PRSL1972

Like to see CMSL get the 1524 up in Morristown yard :-D :-D :-D

by glennk419

Back on topic, from an observer at Tuckahoe, PRR 7000 was switching LP cars this afternoon. Does anyone know if they're on line for storage or were they maybe headed for the gas company in Woodbine?

Sounds like CA20 also came down light so the crew could bring the power from V779 and the empties back from Palermo.

by PRSL1972

Either way that is good to see some freight being moved. Bravo!!!!!!!!!

by JJMDiMunno

glennk419 wrote:Back on topic, from an observer at Tuckahoe, PRR 7000 was switching LP cars this afternoon. Does anyone know if they're on line for storage or were they maybe headed for the gas company in Woodbine?

Sounds like CA20 also came down light so the crew could bring the power from V779 and the empties back from Palermo.
VERY delayed response to this question...sorry guys, just getting some free time now...

Any LP on the property at this time would be in storage...no service yet to the gas company AFAIK...

Mike DiMunno