Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Otto Vondrak

Noticed cars are being shuffled around, and it looks like a couple of work gons have been cut up. A bunch of cars have been spray painted "X-S," and it looks like some of the FL9's and flanger 401R were moved too. Is Metro-North cleaning house?

-otto-

by DutchRailnut

about time, some of those cars have been there for 14 years or better.

by mainline

They still have to remove the tree from LIRR FL9AC 301. I thought you were going to Cambell Hall after Iona?

by Otto Vondrak

(Who me?? I thought about Campbell Hall, then I headed for greener pastures on the Corridor.)

Looks like some stuff got cut up, and the contractor's caterpillar has been milling around over in Croton East...

by mainline

Did those guys driving into Croton West yard ask you where to find bait for fishing. At first I thought it was a visit from our new HomeLand Security Division. Then I was like oops I left my keys in my Monte Carlo SS. It's a long walk back to Long Island. Maybe next time I'll drive instead of walking.

by Dieter

In the words of a knowledgable local;

"Don't eat ANYTHING you catch in there!"

Dieter.