• Citizen's Advisory Board

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Clearfield

jfrey40535 wrote:Can you pester the board about problems with the system? Or are they there just to "advise" us?
The committee represents the riding public, and is the statutory advisor to the SEPTA General Manager.

Whether SEPTA chooses to take the committee's advice is up to the GM.

There is an obligation to advise, but not a requirement to take the advice.

What did U have in mind?

by Matthew Mitchell

jfrey40535 wrote:Can you pester the board about problems with the system?
CAC can, but I think Pat Deon would say that DVARP has the pestering (constructive--we hope) role. It's good to have several different approaches to advocacy.

CAC does have the ability to call specific managers in to their meetings to question them, though management could decline said calls.

Hey Bob, how about posting agendas/guests for your upcoming meetings on the CAC page?

by Clearfield

Matthew Mitchell wrote:Hey Bob, how about posting agendas/guests for your upcoming meetings on the CAC page?
We're done for the summer, but as soon as the calendar is approved in a week or two I'll post it here, along with the link to the CAC schedule on the SEPTA site.

by Matthew Mitchell

Clearfield wrote:We're done for the summer, but as soon as the calendar is approved in a week or two I'll post it here, along with the link to the CAC schedule on the SEPTA site.
I'm sure you will, but it would be especially valuable to know who will be speaking at your meetings, once you extend invitations and have them accepted.
  by Clearfield

Here is the meeting schedule for the next year.

All meetings are held at 5:45PM on Tuesdays in the Board Room on the Mezzanine level at SEPTA Headquarters at 1234 Market Street.

All meetings are open to the public.

Railroad, Transit, Plenary

Sep 13, 20, 27
Oct 11, 18, 25
Nov 1, 22, 29
Dec 6, 20, 27
Jan 3, 24, 31
Feb 7, 21, 28
Mar 7, 21, 28
Apr 4, 18, 25
May 2, 23, 30
Jun 6, 20, 27
Jul 11, 18, 25
  by Clearfield

The meeting will take place at 5:45pm in the SEPTA Boardroom, mezzanine level on Tuesday, September 13 2005.

The speaker will be Mr Richard J. Hanratty Jr., Chief Transportation Officer for Rail Operations at SEPTA.