Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Mr Met

anyone got pictures besides Joe (who's pictures are always great) :D :)
  by Steel Wheel

I got some great video. If someone can host it. The only problem is I have to figure how to convert it to a lower quaility ( file size) its in DV now . I could cut it in to little clips.
Was very supprised more people were not there to see it. It must have been the bad weather? Worth it though

by rbenko

Caught the transfer from CSA to Amtrak at Waverly 6 in Newark on March 8 - weather was absolutely miserable.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=52834

by NIMBYkiller

Got some kick ass video. Man, that was really somethin else, seein that train. That train seemed much longer the 52 cars, hell we didn't even see all the pax cars(or sleepers or w/e they called) go by, and that seemed like about 30-40 cars itself.

by emfinite

Jared,

It was 58 cars exactly.

Steel Wheel,

A good program for cutting and editing DV is Adobe Premiere Pro 7. I have a copy I got off the internet and if you want, I can hand it off to you. I author DVDs with it and cut up MPEGs to show on the net. If you're interested in the program, email me: emfinite___@___optonline.net (take out the underscore). It's the best program to do editing with and is very easy to use.

Joe

by lirrmike

Anyone from here over by the train this afternoon? I saw 2 guys taking pictures of the underside of one of the cars.

Mike
  by Steel Wheel

Anybody have an idea when the train will leave? It would be nice to see the whole consist go by down the line.

by NIMBYkiller

I'm told departure is Tuesday immidiately after morning rush. Then again, it was supposed to arrive immidiately after morning rush last week on monday, but it didn't show til 4:45! (Stalled engine in Queens, right?).
  by krispy

It left not too long after the rush in two sections, first went out the Mainline and the second out the Lower Montauk not much later. No problems, but it was the first time I can remember the Circus train coming and going in snow...

by RRChef

I know the circus is at the Garden for the next couple of weeks. Where is the train being stored?

by NIMBYkiller

Anything gonna be stored at Shea like last year?

by WIN Tower

anybody know the details of the circus train move ?

by M1 9147

Circus train is stored at split locations as in the past. On half is at Hunterspoint Ave., and the other at Long Island City yards.