• Chester Secondary Movements

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by skm

At a crossing near the Wawa in Eddystone Pa, I observed 11 new diesel units and 11 flat cars with engine parts pulled by NS diesel about 1:45PM. The engines were painted blue and green with the name "Vale." Can anyone with a scanner provide any details?
  by skm

Thanks for the pictures!!.

The trains were an impressive site at the crossing. So from the Chester Secondary, what would be the route of the train? The NEC?
  by scotty269

skm wrote:Thanks for the pictures!!.

The trains were an impressive site at the crossing. So from the Chester Secondary, what would be the route of the train? The NEC?
Good question. These were posted on a mailing-list and I had viewed this topic earlier, so I found this again and posted the pictures. If I get any additional info, I'll try to pass it on.
  by skm

I looked on the CSX forum. There's a photo of a Conrail/CSX locomotives being delivered to a Brazilian port for Vale.

Vale is a Brazilian mining company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVRD_Inco

It looks like the Vale locos from yesterday are slated for export to Brazil (my guess). The Chester Secondary passes a marine terminal in Chester. I don't know much about the terminal except what I observed from Chester Downs (Harrah's)