Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by CWRSNY

I decided to take a trip along the CRR from Newbridge Rd east till it meet the Seaford-Oysterbay Expressway. I was a bit disapointed when I did not see a single trace of rail or railties anywhere or any type of RR history what so ever. I did notice a large cemented area which I was thinking may have been the platform for a station at one time possibly. This is the correct path right? and if so when did they do such a exetreme cleanup that left no remains what so ever??

P.S.
I did finally discover the bethpage switch tower, though it was sealed shut with iron boards and many pad locks.
I noticed a siding that lead to a King Kullen Warehouse but stopped just short of it, Would I be correct in saying this was at one point to serivce them ?
  by CWRSNY

Okay I just read for forum I know what the siding was used for now.

by NIMBYkiller

As long as you were under LIPA power lines for the entire time, then you followed the right path. East of Eisenhower Park, the CRRLI ROW is marked by the LIPA power lines. The big paved area I think was some sort of toll plaza or something for LIMP.

by Frank

How about a pathway near the Veterans Memorial in Eisenhower park? Is that on the right of way of the Central Branch?

by Sir Ray

Frank wrote:How about a pathway near the Veterans Memorial in Eisenhower park? Is that on the right of way of the Central Branch?
I think the paved path that heads west from the Driving Range parking lot past the Police Stables toward special pops (and now the 9/11 memorial) is part of the old ROW...