• Catskill Mountain Railroad News - 2009

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by RussNelson

Wow. You guys look like you've had a great year this year. Made lots of progress, restored nearly a whole mile (is it?) to active railroad use, opened up two crossings. Well done! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  by Otto Vondrak

We had a great day in Kingston today, nearly each train running standing room only. The sunny weather helped draw out the curious! It was great to see the train cross Washington Avenue and emerge from under the Thruway overpass! We're that much closer to our goal of crossing the C9 Bridge and heading for Hurley Mountain Road... Thank you everyone for your support, we'll see you in 2010!

-otto-
CMRR Volunteer

p.s. - Look for a "CMRR 2010" thread to emerge this week...
  by Donko142

It looks like you guys had a great year, good for you. I noticed as I go over the RR on 87 almost every week, it looked like some track work was going on down there. ( I guess it was ! ) It sound like the 2009 Holiday season was a good one for most of the tourist railroads.

Keep up the great work in 2010 guys !!!

P.S. Guess your dream is coming true Earl !
  by eehiv

Saturday, January 2nd

On Saturday, January 2nd, George Peck will lead a crew meeting at Mt. Pleasant at 8:30am to move the train parked there to Phoenicia. He will continue working in the yard at Phoenicia for the rest of the day, moving equipment around for its winter configuration.

The 702 crew plan to start at 10am.

There will be no work scheduled for Kingston on Saturday.

Sunday, January 3rd.

No crews are scheduled.

Ernie Hunt
Volunteer Coordinator
CMRR