Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by lirrmike

I past by the maintenance yard off the Central Branch in West Babylon today and noticed a LIRR cabin (#51) parked at the end of the siding. I don't think it still belongs to the railroad because, first it was nicely painted in orange and there was no graffiti on it. Anyone know who this belongs to and where is it headed? I can find a spot for it, though my wife might not like it!

Mike

by Dave Keller

You and me both, Mike!

I could make it my "office" and bunk in it and my wife would never miss me! :wink:

Dave Keller

by John 61

The LIRR took this caboose out to Pt Jeff Yard last year when they did some trackwork. He's a link to a photo of it in the West Yard at Port Jeff

[url] http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=36201

by lirrmike

Dave,

How right you are! My wife as told me many times to go live with my trains! LOL.

Mike

by Dave Keller

Yeah . . . . .

Even if I was lucky enough to have a caboose as an office/hangout, she'd still attempt to hang curtains on the windows! :wink:

Dave Keller

by lirrmike

I once, true story, had the chance to get a Hayes bumper from a siding in LIC. I even had a way to get it home (heavy!). Well my wife was going to kill me. Though I'm on the look out for a position light when and if the LIRR changes their signals. I already told her it's going up in the yard no matter what! I hope.

Mike

by Dave Keller

Compromise . . . . .

Bring home the bumper and install it at the back of the garage on the side with her car. :wink:

That way, you still get to enjoy it (and it serves its purpose, too!)

Dave Keller