Railroad Forums 

• C&D TRANSFER STATIONS ON RAIL in NY,NJ & PA

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#476951  by C&D CASH OUT

I am a college student doing a research paper on the c&d waste stream.

I have recieved some help from others on another forum.I have two transfer station willing to talk to me but I still need a few more.

I was only looking for NY and NJ at first but i havent had any luck from NY so i am adding PA to the list.I need several more resources,so I hope by adding PA can get more contacts.

let me explain a little more about what i'm doing.

I'm sure most of you know what c&d waste stream means.the waste stream only means, the path that c&d waste goes.

From construction sites, to how its moved from construction sites, how its sorted for recycling, how it is transported to the transfer stations then on to the landfills.Most c&d is trucked to transfer station or even straight to landfills and some larger volume transfer stations move it via rail.

I have the part of my research paper completed from construction sites to regular transfer stations.

Then it splits off into several other avenues like, recycling facilities or processors. Which some crush, some pulverize and some just dump it into rail cars.some locations also pull any metals and anything else that is recyclable out.

I have called one of the rail large carries but they refuse to talk to me.
which is understandable.

So you see, I still have a lot to do.

Can someone offer me more assistance?