• BWR - Is this a symbol for British Railroad?

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by DyCy*2099

I recently have found what appears to be a Candle holder for the interior of a railrod car. It has the initials BWR. I recently saw a large clock supposedly from a British Railroad station with the same initials. What do the initials mean?
  by Sir Ray

Well, if it is BWR (and not Great Western), and it is British, you have a choice:
The original Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway, a Cornwall railway which was
The current preservation heritage line Bodmin & Wenford which uses part of the Bodmin & Wadebridge ROW.
Or a miniature park railway build in the early 1960s called the Bicton Woodland Railway
  by David Benton

Yes , i googled that as well . it was one of Britains first railways (1831 ), so could potenially be a very valuable Antique .
As for the clock , there is/was a clockmaker with those intials b.w.Rothman . but still possible its the BWR .
  by george matthews

DyCy*2099 wrote:I recently have found what appears to be a Candle holder for the interior of a railroad car. It has the initials BWR. I recently saw a large clock supposedly from a British Railroad station with the same initials. What do the initials mean?
I think we need a picture.