• Buy Out??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by roadster

Ok, But I was informed that if you go to investigation and get fired. No retirement. Must get hired back first then retire. was told same by several union chairs from both Unions. In short I don't wanna get fired anyway

by Controlled Speed

just listen to CSX-COAL HAULER because he knows everything railroad specific. He is God in his own heaven

by NS212

Wow, do you really think so?..I hope you're being sarcastic..

by Controlled Speed

you kiddin? that fool can't spell his own name correctly lol haha

by charlie6017

Knock off the crap before I start deleting posts and locking the thread!
Last edited by charlie6017 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Controlled Speed

Charlie, take a chill, that is the same guy that shits all over me whenever he finds a chance, and he proves so with his totally disproportionate perception of his place in the world as you can kindly derive from reading his arrogant post "WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!"

Nothing juvenile, just calling a spade a spade and when a similar topic of old timers not knowing when to throw in the towel was brought up, he was really sensitive to that......sucks to not accept getting old and getting closer to meeting your maker, however, I will be there too someday, and for now, those that can retire with full everything and have the requirements met, yet choose to jam up the system so young guys can't start their career, are highly self-centered, greedy individuals, that probably spent money beyond their means, and now as a result, they have themselves painted in a corner in which they have to continue working to supplement the up coming retirement

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins....no wonder why the mortality rate in railroad is so low, lots of greedy bastards

by NS212

I'm gonna have to say the same about CSX-COAL HAULER, every chance he gets to bash me he does it both publicly and through private messages. I've asked him several times to stop but he keeps on and on every time I make a post about CSX. If anybody acts childish, that man does.

by local61man

back to topic.... i asked the question,if csx is bought out,then who might be interested?

by Noel Weaver

roadster wrote:Ok, But I was informed that if you go to investigation and get fired. No retirement. Must get hired back first then retire. was told same by several union chairs from both Unions. In short I don't wanna get fired anyway
Two particular incidents come immediately to my mind, in New Haven
early in the Penn Central era, they started putting a blue light on the
trains in New Haven, the tower was not notified of the blue light and let
the outbound diesel power onto the train and the engineer misjudged the
distance to the standing cars and made a hard hit with the blue light on
the cars. He was immediately removed from service and took his pension
on the spot.
The other case was at the west end of Selkirk at CP-FB (CP-136 at that
time) in 1987. The engineer on TV-79 was making a move with a pickup
and got by a stop indication on track 3 at the time. He was immediately
removed from service and took his pension.
If there was a company pension involved like Metro-North or the Long
Island, maybe they would not get that but Railroad Retirement is a
federal pension and again, you need the years of service and the age but
that's it.
It has never been the preferred way to go but it has happened from time
to time in years past and could happen again.
If anybody doesn't believe me on this, just contact your local office of the
Railroad Retirement Board. There is one in Buffalo and in Albany.
Noel Weaver

by D.Carleton

I love it; two topics discussed under one thread. In one corner we have the company buying out employees. In the other, a possible buy out of the railroad. Maybe the employees should buy out the railroad? After all, there's nothing like the inmates running the asylum.

by local61man

D.Carleton wrote:I love it; two topics discussed under one thread. In one corner we have the company buying out employees. In the other, a possible buy out of the railroad. Maybe the employees should buy out the railroad? After all, there's nothing like the inmates running the asylum.
what started out to be,or should i say could be a very informative thread,especially to us hew hires,about the current status of this company,some always manage to make a complete mess of things and get completly away from the subject.for all you do,this BUD'S for you.

by sd80mac

roadster wrote:Currently, on most over the road routes IE: Buff - Selkirk, Dewitt - Selkirk, Dewitt - Buff, Dewitt - Massena, have agreements in place for "trip rates". There is a flat rate for the mileage for pay. I get a flat rate to take train A, from Dewitt to Buffalo. If I get deadheaded back home, I get the same flat rate. The new hires, less than 4 years also receive thie rate but their's is adjusted to their present pay percentage rate, ie: 80%, 90% or whatever. I hired on at 75% in 2000.
When I was thinking of how can everyone get different paid... Now I remember something that I left out. (I am familiar with that 75% deduction, with drop of 5% each year until 100% pay in 5th year. Mine was 85% to begin with. But basically we still get same pay, minus that % deduction if it applies)

Again, as I mentioned previously, I spoke to several traincrews, NOT outside source. Please correct or clarify. also keep in mind, I spoke these people DURING CR years. Speaking of seniority, these who held the highest rank do get paid the highest. It was NOT because they have bigger income than the newbies. it was because of their seniority rank, and they were able to grab MORE trains in order to get paid more. That what I believe where the term of "hogger" came from. I am pretty sure there is more of how "hogger" came up.

I was told that a #1 seniority rank guy was able to earn $100,000 on riverline and couple of high rank guys making $90,000 on buffalo-Selkirk. Keep in mind, that was back in 1994 and Buff-Selk were paid $327 per run (not roundtrip). I am pretty sure that TODAY is different. I dont know if anyone is ABLE to earn that much money now.

Guys... Dont worry about this csx coal hauler... I am not miserable or upset by his attack. I guess that he ran away with tail in between his leg when I mentioned that I used to work for RR.. :-) So I dont expect him to response. and I appericate that 2 of you speak out on his unnecessary outburst.

I may be NOT LONG TIME employer like this awesome guy Neal and Roadster (and others I forget their names). But I am surrended by good numbers of RR traincrews. I did talked to them and asked them a lot of questions. I am carefully with what I type here. I only post the informations that I am confienced with what I was told by # of traincrews. And of course we got wonderful RR guys in this forum who can tell me that I am being MIS-INFORMED.... I dont try to act like "Mr. KNOW-IT-ALL. Heck.. I was being corrected by a RR guy, I think it was in this forum, over "Chicago Line" name. It end up that i was right first place :-) but we had good nice discussion on that....

by Controlled Speed

you can make 90 - 100 k on the riverline and up to 120k from Selkirk to Buffalo.

Yes, you need to be around a bit to make that money on the riverline and have you be an engineer I would think.

The long pool from Selkirk to Buffalo makes over $900 a trip and you can get 3 and a half each week......think about that.and with cost of living increases etc. you can make $4500- $5000 a week out there......but the old guys that can retire don't because they are too greedy and also , there are others who don't because they built themself into having to make that type of money or else their way of living (beyond reasonable means) will crumble

by roadster

On the mark Controled Speed. I can't fault somew of those older guys tho. Hold a nice long pool job and spend most of the trip just calling sigs and completeing the trip log. My seniority is slowly growing and as soon as I can hold the long pool regular, I'll be there. SD80MAC, yes the rate is the same except for the % deduction. The difference is mostly as I mentioned about with the pre-85 agreement arbitraries. The NY Dock was a big one and with that gone, the companys interest in buying out the pre-85 people has serverely dropped.
Noel, Ok, I think I got it LOL. If one takes the retirement (as ,long as their time is in) after an incident, thats good. But if one chooses to head to an investigation or if they are one or 2 years short of retiring. That good be a probelm?
Ok, Now about another "Company" buying out CSX. Can't happen CSX is too large to be directly bought. What is more feasable would be a merger. That has been a rumor since I first started in 2000, that the UP was gunna merge with CSX, then it was the CN, KCS. Trains magazine had an interesting cover story about this issue a few months ago. From what I have heard and read, most companies are reasonably happy with the current status. Any mergers will be in response to another rival companys merging over competative territory.

by Controlled Speed

roadster wrote:On the mark Controled Speed. I can't fault somew of those older guys tho. Hold a nice long pool job and spend most of the trip just calling sigs and completeing the trip log. My seniority is slowly growing and as soon as I can hold the long pool regular, I'll be there. SD80MAC, yes the rate is the same except for the % deduction. The difference is mostly as I mentioned about with the pre-85 agreement arbitraries. The NY Dock was a big one and with that gone, the companys interest in buying out the pre-85 people has serverely dropped.
Noel, Ok, I think I got it LOL. If one takes the retirement (as ,long as their time is in) after an incident, thats good. But if one chooses to head to an investigation or if they are one or 2 years short of retiring. That good be a probelm?
Ok, Now about another "Company" buying out CSX. Can't happen CSX is too large to be directly bought. What is more feasable would be a merger. That has been a rumor since I first started in 2000, that the UP was gunna merge with CSX, then it was the CN, KCS. Trains magazine had an interesting cover story about this issue a few months ago. From what I have heard and read, most companies are reasonably happy with the current status. Any mergers will be in response to another rival companys merging over competative territory.
I wouldn't disagree with you but a lot of them are babies that act as if it is a harder job........"its a longggggggggg trip".....um, I don't know what planet these guys are from, but besides their pretentiousness, once you get to the reality of it all, you realize that 12 hours is the same 12 hours anywhere esle, so the trip isn't harder, just more miles. I work 12 hours most of the time, if not more..

CSX is analogous to the US in our national debt. UP won't merge, we are already in debt to them for keeping us afloat so therefore, they will just say "F**K it, we'll just spend the difference and make UP bigger......" ANd I hope they do and give system seniority. Cause NYS is a piece of schit