• Buffalo Crew District

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DutchRailnut

Crews (out of Buffalo), what are operating limits or were are normal relief points.

by CSX Conductor

The three sub-divisions that I know of are:

Albany Division: Buffalo Terminal (yard work) & Buffalo East (to Selkirk via Dewitt)

Great Lakes Division: Buffalo West (to Cleveland Collinwood)

I apologize for not being able to offer more info. :-)

by shlustig

Shortly after the Conrail split, CSX instituted a Buffalo (Frontier) / Willard crew run. Don't know if it is still in use.

by roadster

Buffalo east, handles Long pool to Selkirk, Niagara Falls short pool, and as needed short pool to Dewitt and Rochester.(Albany Division)
Buffalo West, Long Pool to Willard, Short Pool to Cleveland, and Ashtabula, relays ( Great Lakes Division)
Buffalo Terminal, Yard and local industrial work. (Albany Division)

by conrail_engineer

CSX Conductor wrote:The three sub-divisions that I know of are:

Albany Division: Buffalo Terminal (yard work) & Buffalo East (to Selkirk via Dewitt)

Great Lakes Division: Buffalo West (to Cleveland Collinwood)

I apologize for not being able to offer more info. :-)
All work out of Buffalo is in Albany Sub. Great Lakes' division starts at CP QD 97, just west of Lake City.

Buffalo-Willard runs are home-terminaled at Buffalo and are part of Albany Sub. Buffalo-Cleveland and Cleveland-Buffalo, is a two-headed pool, with one-third based in Buffalo and two-thirds based in Collinwood.