• BSL Expresses not running today?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Umblehoon

Hey all, this morning on the BSL, the motorperson announced that the express trains were not running. The ridge trains were still okay, as we met one at Girard, but not the normal expresses. Any ideas why?

by RDG-LNE

I rode the BSS home from work this morning sometime between 9.30 and 9.45. A northbound express was boarding when I arrived at City Hall and then a southbound local and a southbound express both arrived within seconds of each other. All were carrying passengers. The two southbound trains then raced to Walnut-Locust with the local winning. There was a northbound express waiting at Walnut-Locust. What time, what direction and what stop were you waiting for an express at?

Drew

by Umblehoon

I was riding northbound around 8:45AM. I wasn't actually waiting for an express -- the motorperson simply announced it to everyone at every express stop we reached.

by mannynews

According to a SEPTA source......more than a few trains leaving Fern Rock yard went into "Emergency" with coupler problems.

In total, about 5 trains had problems and blocked the line between C.B Moore and the Fern Rock Yard. The problems began at 0616a with express service being suspended starting at 0712.

A total of 19 express trips were cancelled

by pennengineer

Has service been reinstated?

by Umblehoon

pennengineer wrote:Has service been reinstated?
It was resinstated within a couple hours, it seems.