• Bristol Industrial Terminal railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by b&m617

I was in the area over the weekend and saw 5-6 cars for the Bristol industrial terminal railway behing Loos and Dilworth oil company...John Nolan restored this line and was running it (part of the east Penn railway)..does anyone know if he still owns this?? I didn't have chance to go into the park and look at the locomotives..seems like business is good. I haven't spoken to John in quite a few years...anyone have any info???

Thanks

Work safe

derail
  by JimBoylan

b&m617 wrote:John Nolan restored this line and was running it...does anyone know if he still owns this?
To be technical, he again owns or runs it, he got it back from Emmons.

by msernak

I have only seen one SW type of switcher on this line. Is this the only engine? How many customers are on line? This line crosses route 13. How far does the track go (North I believe) and is there any industry on this side of 13?

by JimBoylan

msernak wrote:How far does the track go (North I believe) and is there any industry on this side of 13?
Loos & Dilworth Oil on the NorthEast Corridor side of U.S. Rte. 13; and an industrial park in the old 3M Airport on the other side, beyond the Pa. Turnpike, and the new Beaver Dam Rd.
In the 1980s, 3M had 3 sidings, like a trident; the SouthWesternmost one is now disconnected, the NorthEasternmost one has been extended along Runway Dr. almost to Pershing Rd. and given a passing siding by a rehabilitated warehouse.