Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by CSS&SB702

I wish one of you guys would buy this. It's been for sale now for about a year, it started out at $399 or so. Only 125 were made, so I've read. It's getting to the point where I'll just have to buy it, but then I'll have 3 of them. :wink: One of mine is custom painted, the other is left bare brass. Both of them run super smooth. Smoothest running brass engines I've ever seen. :-D

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-HO-NKP-CSS-SB ... dZViewItem

by dinwitty

already one here but not mine. I need more standard cars.
already got lil joe, 2 700's, 5 passenger cars (i can make 2 more from walthers kits)

by CSS&SB702

I have 2 Little Joe's, 2 of the 700's, 2 steeple cabs, roughly 10 of the old pass cars of various length, 7 bay window caboose (cabeese?), 1 of the stainless cars, 2 GP38-2's, 1 brass ex-C&O caboose, and 2 GP-7s, to go along with the line cars. Just out of curiousity, how do your 700's run? Both of mine run rougher than a coffee grinder, they don't see much use. :( Too bad though, they were always my favorite CSS&SB power.

by dinwitty

my original 700 runs fairly well, I am no stranger to giving the mechanics a workover to improve running. I bought another off EBAY, had no motor so I threw one on, it needs some workover but it will be okay.

They have 6 wheel pickup so I added more pickups to distribute power, but they will run on the overhead eventually so any wheels will be sufficient.