• Boxcar info?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by Jason W

I have here in my collection a Atlas 40' boxcar in a blue/white/black Boston & Maine scheme. The road number of the car is 76030, and it has a built-on date of 4-47 making it just early enough to be on my layout set in October of 1947. I recently read though that this was not the original paint scheme of the boxcar! Can anyone tell me if this is true and when was this blue/black/white scheme applied? Most of the car is blue with the B in white, and the M in blue on a black background. Any help would be appreciated.

by NellsChoo

This one?

by Rockingham Racer

You're right. The logo came into being in the McGinnis era -designed by his wife?- in the mid to late 50's. Somebody on the forum could give you the exact year, I'm sure.
  by Jason W

Yup, that is the one. I thought it was the "McGinnis" scheme but I didn't want to open my big fat mouth and say something stupid without being sure. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for making a rushed buy at a train show. Thanks for the info guys, be looking for this item to be up for sale soon plus the duplicate NYC boxcar I bought at the same show. Thanks...