• Boston and Providence Station Closures

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by madcrow

During various points in time, there appear to have been quite a few stations along the B&P/NH main line in the Boston area that are long since gone. The only one that I have difinitive dates for is "Mount Hope" which was closed for good when the line was shut down for rebuilding in 1979 and never reopened when upgrades were finished. I'm especially interested in when Clarendon Hills (which would have been the nearest to my house) would have closed. So far the only clue I can find is that it still appears on a 1915 track map that I found online.
  by The EGE

Forest Hills closed in 1940 (per this document) and reopened in June 1973 shortly after the MBTA purchased the lines. 1940 would be a reasonable guess for the stations north of there (all at modern Orange Line locations) but Clarendon Hills and Hazelwood are a trickier puzzle.