• Borrow Outs

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by clai_1976

Saw a bid today for borrow outs. But they didn't give us much information, they just need 10 people for this location, no time limit no nothing. If you have been a borrow out and could provide any information that would be great. Tks
  by slchub

clai_1976 wrote:Saw a bid today for borrow outs. But they didn't give us much information, they just need 10 people for this location, no time limit no nothing. If you have been a borrow out and could provide any information that would be great. Tks
If you can do it, DO IT! You should make a ton of money, you'll acquire new seniority in the service unit you borrow into, and you'll have fun doing it.

While I never had the opportunity to do so, the guys from Texas who borrowed out in 2004 to Las Vegas during the Meadow Valley Wash rebuild (Caliente Sub) make hand over fist money and had a ball doing it.
  by clai_1976

Thanks for the info and I'm sure your right cause all the old heads jumped on that bid. I'm like #60 on the list. Did think that many guys wanted to leave home. LOL
  by booma_135

clai_1976 wrote:Thanks for the info and I'm sure your right cause all the old heads jumped on that bid. I'm like #60 on the list. Did think that many guys wanted to leave home. LOL
Where did you see the posting?
  by clai_1976

Borrow outs for the Longview HUB