• Bomb Suspect Had N.Y. Rail Sketch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

A U.S. Embassy official confirmed that American law enforcement authorities received information related to Grand Central Terminal from Spanish authorities in December. The official declined to go into detail.

However, a Spanish police official said Spanish and U.S. authorities don't lend much credibility to the sketch, saying it is not even clear it is supposed to be a picture of Grand Central Terminal.

by JBlaisdell

Big deal. I can go to any good library and get a book on NYCRR with diagrams of GCT.

What are we going to do, rip'em all out?

I'll give you scary: A woman was stopped twice while boarding a plane, once at check-in, once again at gate. At gate, annoyed, she made a comment about the screeners and their aptitude on finding bombs in her luggage. SHE got detained, but her BAGS went on ahead!

by njtmnrrbuff

I heard about that case. I forgot where, but I was not laughing at all for what that lady said. Anyway, on to the real topic, at most train shows, I have gotten at least one track diagram book, as well as posted speeds.

by O-6-O

You can find them right here on railroad.net. Quick Otto, shut it down
were all in danger. Close the internet for that matter. Ouuuuuuuu.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--~-oo---oo-

by Otto Vondrak

Folks, I wouldn't read into this story too much. This information was released last November to the authorities, and no one deemed it a threat. NYPD reacted accordingly and security was strengthened. There is lots that goes on behind the scenes to assure our security every day that we never see or hear about.

-otto-

by DutchRailnut

Nice storie to get commuters upset over something else besides the fare hike :-)

by SimTrains

Nice storie to get commuters upset over something else besides the fare hike Smile

LOL :P