• Boeing LRV repaint to orange and cream?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by RailBus63

Are there any pics of this car online?

JD

by mattster

I was sitting in Arlington Inbound this morning and I look up and see a Boeing lurching by. My first thought is "Great, a rough ride to class."

But then I notice that it's very funny looking. It's the recently repainted LRV. That was a nice surprise. I noticed that there were what looked like two large displays inside with a blue signal on the screen. There were a few people milling about, but it went by so quickly that I didn't have time to take it all in.

by caduceus

I had an interview yesterday at a company that happens to be in the building next to Riverside. I happened to see this LRV parked behind the carhouse. I was wondering if that's where it is normally kept.

If I get a job there, they better not give me a window seat towards the trainyard...I'll never get work done, but you guys can get reports :)

I did see a Type 8 in the yard as well.

It will make lunch runs to Falafel King and Chacarero's downtown easier too...the only thing I miss about working downtown...

by DLahey

I saw this train again going around the loop at Kenmore today at around 11:30ish and I tried to snap a picture of it with my cell phone camera, but all the pictures that I took were grainy and dark, given the ambiance at Kenmore!
It did stop right in front of me and I looked into the B end of the car which has a desk with lots of flatscreen monitors on it. It's funny to see such a juxtaposition of the present and the past!

by RailBus63

There is a color head-on shot of this car in the latest issue of the BSRA's Rollsign magazine.

Jim

by aline1969

The car looks great, nice pic in the Roll Sign.

Yeah... my pics made roll sign.