• bmrrhs videos

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by asdfjkl

hello all - does anyone know anything about their videos in the "memories" series? the descriptions look pretty good! thanks

by Steam

Having supplied my own films for one of the "memories" series of tapes, I can answer that they are not bad. At the same time, they are not the high quality reproductions we've lately come to expect of most film to video conversions.

They are all done with simple background music (I call it "Weather Channel music") and without any titles or narration. If the "music" irritates you, you can always hit the MUTE button.

A printed "intinerary", or list of locations is supplied with each tape, which pretty well identifies the locations of the scenes in order, but some are confusing and you have to really pay attention or you get "lost".

For the price, they preserve lots of scenes which otherwise would not have been shared with the world at large.

Richard W. Symmes

by asdfjkl

thanks steam........you know i just read your story about riding the salem switcher in an old bm bulletin, great stuff!

by Noel Weaver

I believe there are four tapes in this series and they are well worth having. These tapes will bring back memories. good. bad or otherwise.
of the McGinnis era and there are lots of Budd Cars and other stuff.
I do not like the music on them and tend to turn the volume way down
when I look at them.
There are some other tapes available too of the B. & M. and the M.E.C.
and we are fortunate that the originators of the material were/are willing
to share with us.
Noel Weaver