Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by PRRGuy

I kinda wish someone would buy up some farm field out by New carlisle and make an "Official" South Shore museum...heck I don't think that road even has a Historical society....yet.

by Tadman

Shore-Line's magazine, First and Fastest, has been my favorite magazine since I was a kid.

However, a CSS-centric museum would be pretty neato. There's always that former Dav-Con building in Miller, just east of the CSX. However, tracks into the building would have to be built.

by PRRGuy

I always thought that the (Now for sale) 11th st station would make a great Museum/coffee shop..for the passengers of course.. :P Also, any profit could go to the maintenance of the building.

by PRRGuy

Recently we've found out that the Hammond Caboose is #1062...does anybody have any photos of this caboose in service?

by dinwitty

Bob Harris was thinking of a Museum in South Bend along with his proposed line there.
  by norfolksouthern89

I seen old CSS caboose still sit right there for all every years ever. As which can be found it in Felton, Delaware town between W Main st., E Main st., and railroad ave. near Felton fire station..

- Close up of South Shore caboose's old bogey. There say "PAT 8-31-20", J&NW RR S17747", "AS Y323", "SCB < > 1 5x9 JO", "11-26" and, over the steel wheels say "E342 G1".

- Close up of South Shore caboose's old bogey (2). There say "PAT 8-31-20", "J&NW RR S17747 or S3NW RR S 17747", "AS Y323", "SCB < > 1 5x9 JO", "11-26" and, over the steel wheels say "E342 G1"

- Close up of South Shore caboose's old bogey (2). There say "PAT 8-31-20", "AS Y323", "SCB < > 1 5x9 JO", "11-26", "S3NW RR S17747" and, over the steel wheels say "E342 G1"

- David