• Bay Ridge Branch in the News

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by BMT

Well, it's not an NYA engine sighting, but thought I'd post how somebody did a slice 'n dice on someone who was found (in separate baggies) along the Bay Ridge cut in the vicinity of Ocean Avenue.

It was pointed out that locals use a whole in the fence (?) as a short cut to get to Flatbush Avenue. I seriously doubt that, since it's a good hike in trash that -- at least used to be -- knee deep. I think that's an exaggeration on the author's part. I know there's a homeless person or two down yonder, but have never seen anyone using the cut on a regular basis.

by DogBert

I saw that bit on the news last night.

story is here -
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 2867c.html

Pretty grizzly. at least it was cops that found the body and more or less knew what they were looking for (not that that makes it much better, but i'd hate to just come across something like that without any warning....)