• Bay Colony RR

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

does the Bay Colony have a union?

by SnoozerZ49

Last I knew it was a non union carrier

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ok thanks :-D

by CSX Conductor

Stay away from there.

That might be a good place to get some hands-on experience, but thats about all. i know a couple of people that have worked there......and are much, much happier at CSXT.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Doesn't look like we have a catch-all Bay Colony thread anywhere.

STB filing to formally abandon freight rights on the Millis Line east of Medfield and Needham Branch into Newton: http://www.stb.dot.gov/filings/all.nsf/ ... 234662.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

MBTA already gave the trail lobby its 99-year lease, so this is just the last formality before Iron Horse Preservation fleeces the state for yet another bounty of scrap metal and landscapes an unusably lumpy piece of crap trail.

Filing specifically states that they are still holding on to Medfield-Millis. Apparently they're not giving up the 0.0001% hope of attracting a new tenant.

Almost sad to read the copy of their original 1982 and 1987 operating agreements included with this filing: South Dennis, Falmouth, Hyannis, the Plymouth Line, the Hanover Branch, the Greenbush Line to then- end of track in Hingham, Needham, Dean St. Industrial, Lowell Industrial north of South Sudbury, Millis. Every single one of them ended up a total loss for the company except for what meager existence they're eking out today on the Wattupa Branch. This has got to be the single biggest FAILroad in Southern New England in the 40 years since the PC breakup.
  by boatsmate

Saw pictures on line this week on FB showing the tracks all gone on the Needham end of the branch around Fisher st and Charles River st. one of the pictures was looking up past the old station between fisher st and Charles river st, as far as I could see the track where gone headed toward Junction. pictures where dated Nov 25...... (sorry don't have a link to them that I can share was a private group on FB that has the pictures)