• Bad Vibes

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Pacobell73 wrote:Has any effort been made to revitalize any portion of this lengthly line?
The State of Maine now owns the line, and does have long-term plans for it. Check out the MaineDOT web site for more details.
  by trainsinmaine

MEC 407: Where do I look on the Maine DOT website for the info on the Calais Sub? I checked out the site; it's pretty extensive.
  by MEC407

trainsinmaine wrote:Where do I look on the Maine DOT website for the info on the Calais Sub?
On the MaineDOT home page, look for the Keyword Search box on the left side of the page. Type "Calais Branch" and press the "Go" button. You will get several pages with relevant information.

by camster202

Nevertheless, the 35's seem to be very good for switching because of the dual control stands. I would agree that the GP40-2W's are great for road jobs, sharp looking in the GRS paint, but with their lack of brakes they're horrible for switching.

Truthfully, I'd prefer a high hood unit to a short hood. (standard cab, not widecab) Ten years, all we'll be seeing are supercab GE's and a few EMD's as every engine on every road job. From reading the forum, all this that GRS is going to buy SD40-2's, that would be great, but as we all know Guilford is, (which is pretty good in my opinion) that probably won't happen unless a catastrophic disaster happens to their current motive power fleet. But, as we all know and has been said in here, there are enough GP40-2's on the leased power market and dying out on class one railroads to keep Guilford satisfied for a while. Let's hope they don't buy GP50's or 60's, cause the only places those would be good are Haverhill-Rigby!

Merry Christmas and all the best for a great 2005,

by mick

Guilford
Last edited by mick on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

by camster202

True, they do take a long time to load--but they pull super, two of them on an 100 car intermodal job sure look good.