• B & M "SALISBURY BEACH" @ Boston July 10-13th, 2009

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by jhdeasy

Private Varnish photo opportunity: SALISBURY BEACH, former B & M lightweight 6 roomette 4 double bedroom 6 section sleeper, will be visitng Boston's South Station during a cross-country circle trip, arriving July 10th on train 66 from WAS and departing July 13th on train 449 to CHI. To the best of my knowledge, SALISBURY BEACH is the only former B & M passenger car in the USA certified for use as private car on the Amtrak system. The car is traveling with PACIFIC SANDS, a former UP 10 roomette 6 double bedroom sleeper.
  by atsf sp

Is it yet known what track it will be on or if it will be open for viewing or just looking at the exterior?
  by jhdeasy

atsf sp wrote:Is it yet known what track it will be on or if it will be open for viewing or just looking at the exterior?
I suspect you will have no problems taking some exterior photos while the two cars are parked at the bumping post on one of the station tracks.

As for a tour of the inerior, I would say that depends solely on the willingness of the owners and/or crew to admit you and show you around. Keep in mind that the cars are doing a cross-country tour for clients who are paying big $$$$ for private car travel.
  by atsf sp

Oh so the cars are actually occupied, never mind on interior
  by atsf sp

Both cars are sitting in South Station now. I will post pictures later.
  by atsf sp

Heres the pictures
PV at South Station.JPG
B&M Salisbury Beach.JPG
UP Pacific Sands.jpg