• B&M in Wells ME?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by Billbarman

Are there any photos of Boston & Maine trains at or passing the old Wells Beach train station aside from the stereotypical postcard one? I can't seem to find any at all. Any info is much appreciated.
  by MEC407

Aside from this (which is probably the one you're referring to), I haven't seen any on the web, or in Wells history books for that matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MEC407

I also found this, but I can't tell if the dark blob on the left is a train/locomotive on another set of tracks, or just trees...
  by Billbarman

Thanks for I've never seen that second picture before. Do you think I'd have better luck finding photos in the Guilford/Pan Am era?
  by MEC407

Oh yes, there are quite a few photos on the web of Guilford/Pan Am/Amtrak passing the station. It's the vintage stuff that's really difficult to find.

Here are a few of the ones I found on the NERAIL Photo Archive:

NMED (Northern Maine Junction to East Deerfield)

Amtrak 696

Amtrak 683 meeting 684

another NMED

WAED (Waterville to East Deerfield) with B&M "Triple Three"

unknown westbound freight

a view of the station as it appeared in 2003

and how it looked in 2007
  by Billbarman

Thanks! Those are some great photos! Yeah, upon searching I have found alot from the 90s to now. When was the old freight house actually demolished?
  by MEC407

I can't remember exactly, but I want to say 2004...?
  by citystation1848

The Wells Beach freight station was demolished January 2004.