• B&M depot: Help with ID

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by bmcdr

Sadly, Richard Symmes is no longer there, the new curator is David Fletcher, a railfan and good friend of Dick Symmes.
  by trainsinmaine

Ditto the comments regarding the Walker Transportation Collection. There are not only thousands of photos to be seen; the collection is housed in a little downstairs museum that is fascinating. I visited there for the first time last month. There is much to be seen, and --- oh, my goodness --- I could have spent weeks joyfully poring over the archives!

The aforesaid Mr. Fletcher is very knowledgeable and cordial. He recommends that visitors come on Wednesday evenings, when the Board meets. He says it's a great time to ask questions that deal with mysteries such as this one.
  by Manalishi

Hi Guys, well, it took me almost 4 years but I finally figured out where this is. I happened to be on a Flickr site devoted to railroad stations and I saw it there by pure happenstance. It's not Laconia but Bennington, Vermont. So, looks like this one's going into the sell pile.

Chris
  by jaymac

Mebbe a bad guess? The Rutland had ties with the NYC, Dr. William Seward Webb being a Vanderbilt in-law who got appointed as RUT president in 1902. The postcard printer might have believed that NYC take-over would be happening. The source for Dr. Webb is p. 43 of Robert Lindsell's The Rail Lines of Northern New England, 2000.