• B&M Blue Cement Hoppers

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

I was digging through some pictures, and was wondering what these little cars are used for, besides hauling cement now.

I know they ran as late as 2009 in Mass. (http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1652690 ) But who receives them, where are they loaded/unloaded and what train(s) do/did they run on?
  by WOLF

LaFarge-Lunenburg,Ma.
  by KSmitty

Thanks much.
  by hh660

I believe there is a long string of them 'parked' at Rigby as we speak -type.
s
  by KSmitty

hh660 wrote:I believe there is a long string of them 'parked' at Rigby as we speak -type.
s
Parked? as in waiting for business to return or waiting for the torch?

Thanks for the info!

Nice new picture diburning!