• B&G / Polaner Roseland Deliveries - How Often?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by maddog5150

Lucky me! I've just transferred to my home office and I'm about 1/2 mile from B&G in Roseland. Sometime I get lucky and hear the horns when a train crosses Eisenhower Pkay but most times I don't get any advanced warning.

Does B&G receive "regular" deliveries from the M&E? Any idea how often they make the run to Roseland and/or what days and times?

Lastly, what is the scanner frequency for the M&E? Maybe I'll get lucky and hear some chatter from my office.

Thanks!

Pete

by norbkowa

I belive its every wedensday. When we used to work on the tracks i remember there was a train coming every wedensday and we had to get on a siding by lumberyard. I might be wrong but i think it was that day of the week.

by KC2KNQ

OT but relevant.

I'd imagine you are talking about Roseland office, ADP.

Look in the basement of 1 ADP, there is a very nice display about the Becker Farm live steam railroad which used to operate on Mr. Becker's farm, which is now the Roseland Campus.

Also, look around for the history of Interstate 280. The material from the two giant cuts in the Oranges was removed for the crossing of the swamps by a rail line along the interstate's right of way.

by denvillerailfan

WELCOME to the neighborhood!

They were there @ 10:15 on Friday 3/10... I was running late after an apointment - saw them from the overpass, but by the time I doubled back - GONE... I notice the box car usually leaves on fridays.
Never figured out the rest of their schedule though...
KC2KNQ wrote:Look in the basement of 1 ADP, there is a very nice display about the Becker Farm live steam railroad which used to operate on Mr. Becker's farm, which is now the Roseland Campus.
... Yes, nice little display.

In the past...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/113 ... 6114mlhFcU
Also when they rehabbed the Pasaic River bridge...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/115 ... 6114UdhROO

And you can catch them having lunch # QuikCheck once in a while...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/113 ... 6114QdGfML

yeah... I hear 'em too, just can never seem to get away. :-(

Also noticed more cars stored north of the overpass... a few tanks but mostly the EL hoppers and a other MOW stuff.

by maddog5150

Thanks for the replies guys. I heard the horns again this morning (3/17) at 11:10 am but I was stuck on a conference call for work - so no sneaking out for pics.

It appears that Friday is the regualr day for visits to teh east end of the line. I wonder if they venture out this way at all on other days?

Pete

by RS115

Based on what I see go by my window in Whippany the short answer is 'yes' - the service is 'as needed'. Sometimes they seem to go several times a week while others hardly at all.

by denvillerailfan

Just got word that they are at B&G NOW (11AM)!!!

Trying to switch my conf call to my cell to get there.

Good luck...

by mountie17

Hello all. Nice day for a train! Saw them in Mo-town when they returned. They had (in order) the 20, Mount Vernon, caboose #4, some tanks, and one of the hoppers. As RS115 said before, yes it is "as needed service". Some days they'll go west (D&R or High Bridge/Chester Branch), or some days east (MMC or the Whippany Line), and on some occasions two crews will work.

by denvillerailfan

We'll I didn't get back out, but I did get a few pics on the way in... :-)

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=11029

Started @ Morristown, went through a couple of stops in Whippany, then E. Hanover. By that time I couldn't wait for the B&G stop...
Special thanks to the Engineer for the heads up for B&G. Wish I had more time.
Oh well, got to get some work done sometime... :-(

by maddog5150

Thanks for the updates guys. I'll be working from the home office again on Friday and I'll keep my ears open for the horns I've been hearing regularly on Fridays.

Wish me luck!

Pete